Good progress all around this weekend!

One of the Thousand Parsec developers wrote up a Wiki page on sockets in tpserver-cpp, which, together with his help by email, has got my mind wrapped almost all the way around my project. The last step is actually laying out the specification for the administration protocol. For that, a better understanding of the game protocol is in order, so I’m currently familiarizing myself with it and with how it works in tpserver-cpp.

My thesis revisions are complete, and I’m going to try to take care of everything for that at school tomorrow. I also submitted the final manuscript of my ICDSC 2008 paper.

And last, a side project I’d been planning for some time might come true later this year. I’ve been mildly obsessed with the Roland TB-303 for most of my life, but I’ve never owned one. I found out about the x0xb0x (a perfect DIY clone) relatively recently and put myself on the waiting list for a kit, but it looks like that’s unlikely to pan out at this point. So I took the plunge today and bought all the custom parts, and I’ll just have to source my own components for the rest. I don’t plan to start working on it until at least September, so I have lots of time to look for the rare stuff.

May 11th, 2008
Comments are closed.