GSoC/TP Weekly Report (June 21 – June 27)

This Week:

Early in the week, I added an AdminLayer interface to libtpproto-cpp, and a series of other commits completed the functionality over a two-day period. Notably, I created a CommandDescCache for command descriptions. More recently, I added an AdminStatusListener class, so that clients can act when the AdminLayer status changes.

The connect and login functionality from AdminLayer was implemented in tpadmin-cpp shortly after AdminLayer was created, and I later made it more robust. I also added a logger and event loop to the client, the latter of which required some design changes in the client to be used properly. I also added a ClientASL class, to implement the AdminStatusListener, which will be used, among other things, to initially populate the command list on login.

My progress this week was above average in the first couple of days, but slowed to a crawl for most of the week due to a problem with tpadmin-cpp not completing the connection with the server. This means that all did not go well, so my optional goal from last week of starting the command list population was largely unattained. I have as yet been unable to debug the connection issue, but hopefully with Lee’s help I will be able to move on very soon.

Next Week:

The first thing to be done is to debug the connection issue in tpadmin-cpp.

Once that is out of the way, I can finish the command list population, which will require much work on tpadmin-cpp and probably some work on libtpproto-cpp. Assuming there are no complications I haven’t foreseen, I should be able to get tpadmin-cpp sending commands by the end of next week, completing all major functionality of the remote administration component in the server, protocol library, and client in time for the midterm evaluation.

Jun 27th, 2008
Tags: ,
Comments are closed.