GSoC/TP Weekly Report (July 12 – July 18)

This Week:

I spent some time attempting to fit a couple other students’ midterm reports to the layout I designed. I never intended to reuse it, so it consists of a bunch of manually placed text boxes and images. Along with OpenOffice Draw apparently being the black sheep of the family in terms of bugginess, my spirit is beaten, and I give up. I’m going to try to redo the reports in a less masochistic way.

On the bright side, there is now a config branch of libtpproto-py. I have begun adding administration frame functionality to it locally, but I haven’t made much progress yet.

I didn’t accomplish as much as I’d wanted to this week, with a number of other commitments interfering with my time. Next week, I hope to get back to coding so I can wrap the second part of my project up in this last month of GSoC.

Next Week:

I hope to complete the libtpproto-py administration extension by the end of next week. It seems ambitious, but I need to get back on track. I’m hoping that my experience implementing it in libtpproto-cpp, along with my more recent experience with Python development, will make this go smoothly.

Jul 18th, 2008
Tags: ,
Comments are closed.