Archives

  • GSoC/TP Weekly Report (August 9 – August 15)

    This Week: This week’s big accomplishment was completing the wizard. From initially getting it to work to a fully functional wizard only took two (long) days of hacking, thanks to good preparation everywhere else. I also improved the control scripts and XML definitions. The server and ruleset stuff implemented so far works well. Big sigh […]

    Comments Off on GSoC/TP Weekly Report (August 9 – August 15)
    Aug 15th, 2008 | Filed under Uncategorized
    Tags: ,
  • Do Wizards Fly?

    Well, I managed an eleventh-hour completion of the single-player wizard, the last major component of my Google Summer of Code project. From here on out, it’s wrapping up little loose ends, spit and polish, documentation, and instructions for some sort of proof-of-concept demo. The wizard works quite well, assuming you have proper XML definitions and […]

    Comments Off on Do Wizards Fly?
    Aug 13th, 2008 | Filed under Uncategorized
    Tags:
  • GSoC/TP Weekly Report (August 2 – August 8)

    This Week: I wrote the Single Player wiki page early this week, and expanded on it several times since. There is a flowchart showing the conceptual steps to starting a single player game in a wizard context, and an accompanying Python script which actually interfaces with the libtpclient-py backend. There are also sample XML and […]

    Comments Off on GSoC/TP Weekly Report (August 2 – August 8)
    Aug 8th, 2008 | Filed under Uncategorized
    Tags: ,
  • Roadblock

    The Thousand Parsec Single Player wiki page, which I started this week, provides information about implementing single player mode in clients (for now, only those using libtpclient-py) as well as adding support in servers, rulesets, and AI clients. The implementation section provides a text-based Python script that emulates the functionality of a wizard. I am […]

    Comments Off on Roadblock
    Aug 7th, 2008 | Filed under Uncategorized
    Tags:
  • GSoC/TP Weekly Report (July 26 – August 1)

    This Week: Two of three major components of single-player mode have been tackled as planned this week. The first was specifying the XML and control script formats each server, ruleset module, and AI client should use. I will document it in detail on the wiki soon, but for now, take a look at the most […]

    Aug 1st, 2008 | Filed under Uncategorized
    Tags: ,
Archive for August, 2008